Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A girl in the office

I first saw her in my office when I returned from my home after a long time. I heard her soft and impish voice on phone but gave no attention as I am almost allergic to girls. Still I hardly find interests in the opposite sex. Like my behaviour when I returned from my home it went noticed who she was. One thing I usually watched that she worked less and talked more with her colleagues. Her friend was also helping her in this way. However, she was an axis of attention and entertainment for everybody in the office. Her wasting time and talking with everybody pinched me at times. No, do not think otherwise. I was not jealous at all. But somewhat I was not in favour of this gesture of hers. To me , she was just an ordinary girl. And how could an ordinary girl have stolen my attention.

Days passed by stealthily and I started noticing changes in my behaviour. I started coming downstairs and tried talking to her. In fact, I worked in my living room upstairs and I rarely came downstairs during office hours. I think she was waiting this chance as well. This activities accelerated. Though, I checked myself coming downstairs and talking to her thinking she did not deserve that I would talk to her or get her closer. But in vain. I was in a fix. Only a chance was enough to make way to meeting her. Gradually, I became comfortable in talking to her. She started sharing office gossips with me. I started making calls to her and chat continued for minutes. In her cabin pretending for some work. It was just to sit with her. We talked decently. I narrated her inspirational stories. Sometimes, I shared my own love poems. She informed what was happening in the office.

There was a fellow who I think was not happy with this development. He was crazy about her despite being a father of daughters like her. But it did not deter him in enticing her any way. I just watched his every misdeed. I could not expose him for her prestige was at stake.

Soon I realized some odd things are happening, very new. I started missing her. When she was away , I felt paralyzed. Calls increased. Every morning I asked whether she was coming to office or not and in every evening I called her asking about her well being. This was really very new to me. I wanted to talk to her for hours with nobody around. Now, her every disloyalty towards his employer turned into a good chance for me. I was very much sure that she was just playing with me, but I was helpless. I knew that I was just a new boy in her long list of time pass.

After a few days, my office inaugurated. She was invited but did not turn up. I did not know the reason. That day, I did havan just for her sake. Thinking she would be happy to see me doing hindu rituals. Now I was happy that I would see her in my office and would talk to her without any interference. The visualization realized. She came in my office carefree and I became happy. Her arrival in my lonely office frightened me too. I forbade her to come though unwillingly. It was all thrilling. Now, what a cute girl means to someone’s life was clear to me. I had first ever opposite sex in my life who was not my sister, not my mother, not my relative but I liked her.

By the time, this relationship was not given a name. It was not necessary to tie two persons in a relation. I was happy meeting her, was enough for me. But as a part of destiny, it happened. She was fired by the supreme gentleman (boss) and she had to leave the job. When she came informing me I was dumb. I had no answer. I was feeling radical. She left the job leaving a question behind. Is this not a male dominated society where women foot the bill every time? She had paid a price for her girlhood.

1 comment:

  1. This happened many a time.
    It is natural.
    It is less painful if you look at a girl as a person/human being.The female anatomy normally interferes with our thought process and we become more sensitive and experience sentimental pain.
    But, it is easier said.
    So,This rarely happens.

    ReplyDelete